34 posts tagged events
While I’m in town, I thought it’d be fun to talk about some of the projects that I’m planning for 2014. So, I’m hosting a happy hour talk on Friday, December 13th from 5-7pm, appropriately titled “What I’m Working on Next”.
I’ll also share some stories and lessons from the past few years, so if you or someone you love is interested in startups + VC, the design of social systems, design education, or independent film/music, etc., I hope you’ll drop by and join us. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
We’re almost half full already, and from the RSVPs it looks like there will be a lot of great people in the room.
Austin event details are available here.
Happy 4th, everybody!
This Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at In.gredients (2610 Manor Road), the Austin chapter of the Awesome Foundation will hold office hours and celebrate International Awesome Day. Please help spread the word and join us. Also think up something awesome and apply here for a $1,000, no-strings grant. Thanks.
This week’s Regulars Cash Mob will take place at Uncommon Objects at 1512 S Congress. Drop by and support ‘em anytime. We will try to focus activity around:
- Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. (They close at 7 on Tuesdays.)
This Friday Brett Hurt (Vice Chairman & Co-founder, Bazaarvoice; Chairman, Compare Metrics; Venture Partner, Austin Ventures; Founder, Coremetrics) will join us at 8 a.m. for maybe an hour or so of cool Q&A.
Please spread the word and come on down to mix it up with us. Let’s hang out and help each other.
I highly recommend you follow Brett’s blog. Start catching up by reading:
I hope and trust all is well with you and yours. If it’s not, tell someone.
Best as always.
Regulars Rye Clifton and Clay Langdon will help lead"Green Marketing: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" on Tuesday, March 26, from 6 to 9 p.m. at The North Door, 501 N IH35, 78702. Check ‘em out. (ht Michael Crider).
Hopefully I’ll see you around SXSW. I will list free events open to the public. Mix it up, and have a great time.
- SXSW Create, Friday the 8th through Monday the 11th, near the convention center
- Aaron Swartz Town Hall, Friday the 8th at 6:30 p.m., Austin Convention Center Ballroom A
- a NASA exhibit Friday March 8 at the Long Center
- SXSW Gaming, Friday the 8th through Sunday the 10th, Palmer
- Dewey Winburne Community Service Awards Ceremony, Sunday the 10th at 7 p.m. at Bethel Hall, St. David’s Episcopal Church, 301 E 8th St.
- Tech Innovation in Racing, 11 a.m. March 9, at Dell Hall / Long Center, but you have to get a pass on March 8 at the Gaming Expo
- PhotoCamp, Monday March 11 inside SXSW Create
- SXSW music shows at Auditorium Shores, Thursday the 14th through Saturday the 16th
What should I add to this list?
I hope to see you. Join in. It’s fun.